Friday, April 16, 2010

Another point trick - host by intersection

image

I can’t take credit for this; but this little gem was pointed out to me by my colleague Greg Schleusner from the New York office; its the ability to have a point hosted by it intersection. What this means is that you might have a point hosted on a line, but you could use another line, level, reference plane,reference line or point to drive the position of the point along the line its hosted on. The video hopefully explains this; I have avoided any form of voice over, because I’ve actually lost me voice!This works for 2010 as well as 2011. This has got huge potential, I will work on a good use of this over the next week or so and post this when I’m done.

2 comments :

Unknown said...

David,

Glad to see you like the point by intersection feature. We think it's pretty powerful for building up more complex assemblies

-matt

gschleusner said...

David,

You can also do a plane point intersection, with a piece of surface geometry.

Greg