Friday, April 16, 2010

Another point trick - host by intersection


I can’t take credit for this; but this little gem was pointed out to me by my colleague Greg Schleusner from the New York office; its the ability to have a point hosted by it intersection. What this means is that you might have a point hosted on a line, but you could use another line, level, reference plane,reference line or point to drive the position of the point along the line its hosted on. The video hopefully explains this; I have avoided any form of voice over, because I’ve actually lost me voice!This works for 2010 as well as 2011. This has got huge potential, I will work on a good use of this over the next week or so and post this when I’m done.


matt.jezyk said...


Glad to see you like the point by intersection feature. We think it's pretty powerful for building up more complex assemblies


Greg said...


You can also do a plane point intersection, with a piece of surface geometry.