- Start by loading the family that you want to purge into a new project.
- Next go to the family tree in the project browser and delete all the types, but not the family itself.
- Then right click on the family in the project browser and select edit, this will open the family from the project into the family editor.
- You will need to make sure that the family is not already open as Revit will just switch you to that window.
- Next, if you go to your family types you will see that there should be no type names.
- Finally, save the family to a new location.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Purging all family types from a family
Have you ever noticed that however hard you try you can't delete all family types from a family when you in the family editor? Revit all leaves one remain. However, try this...... (BTW I can't take credit for this as some other bright spark posted it in AUGI).