Thursday, February 11, 2016

Improving your skills



Ok, so this is not necessarily directly BIM or Revit related, however, I thought I'd share this website with you. If you are trying to drive BIM through your organisation you are going to need different skills which consider leadership, communication and strategic approaches. Its more than just being good at using & teaching the technology or being the go to person to answer Revit or BIM problems. By its very nature if you have nailed your name to the BIM flag pole you are going to need as much support as possible & sometimes its more than just a BIM seminar.

https://www.mindtools.com/

The Mindtools website has some excellent articles & resources which I believe will help you on your quest. I started my career on the drawing board & I never lose sight of that. However, some how I was drawn by new technologies which can drive better outcomes moving from 2d CAD, 3d CAD, Revit & then BIM.  I didn't do any fancy MBA to build my skills, but through research and continued on the job learning I have built a far wider set of skills, some which are described on the Mindtools website. I personally believe being adaptable is crucial to a successful career. Also, being able to transcend between technology, management & strategic approaches is a very useful asset as well. Hopefully you will find it a useful resource.

No comments :