Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
Finally, Revit 2013 update 1 has been released. Download it from here….
For design & creation suites….
The following items have been addressed…..
Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2013 Enhancements
- Improves stability when closing a sketch editor, such as slab, site, etc., which create a large number of points.
- Improves creation of U-shaped winder stairs.
- stability when editing winder stairs.
- Improves performance when many railings exist within a project.
- Improves stability when support type is not defined for stair.
- Improves railing representation in coarse view.
Autodesk® Revit® Platform 2013 Enhancements
- Improves stability when opening projects from previous versions of Revit.
- Improves stability during Copy/Paste operations.
- Corrects display of solid filled regions with transparent backgrounds.
- Allows exporting of materials painted on elements to ODBC.
- Improves performance of opening and closing sketch mode in projects with many families.
- Improves stability when setting a Design Option as the Primary.
- Improves stability when Fixed Distance option for a divided path.
- Improves stability while browsing to Revit Server when there is no network connectivity.
- Improves export consistency of Space and Zone elements when multiple elements have the same name and number.
- Allows Raytrace mode to work with DirectX 9.
- Improves stability when using Raytrace mode with Hardware Acceleration disabled.
- Improves Raytrace mode rendering output.
- Improves Surface Transparency override by element for multiple selection.
- Improves printing consistency when tone mapping is enabled.
- Disables Sun and SunPath from being rendered in Raytrace mode.
- Improves stability when using manual exposure in Raytrace mode.
- Improves stability when rendering views.
- Improves stability and performance when using visualization features like Sky, Exposure, and Anti-Aliasing.
- Improves stability when importing IFC data which contains special characters.
- Improves the setting of custom parameter values during import of IFC data.
- Improves stability when importing IFC data which contains an invalid line pattern.
- Allows Markups from DWF to be exported to DWF.
- Improves stability when drag and drop a DWG file into a Revit project.
- Improves stability when importing DXF data.
- Improves dimension fidelity when exporting to DWG with export units set to Meter.
- Improves alignment of hatch and fill patterns when exporting to DWG.
- Improves stability when selecting a new host for an element within an In-place Wall.
- Improves section creation within a project with linked model.
- Improves stability when working with Materials.
- Improves the displayed Pattern Type assigned to an element with the Material Editor.
- Corrects the display of the materials category within the Paint interface.
- Corrects the printed display of fill patterns within perspective views.
- Improves stability of Type editing when multiple element types are in the selection set
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
In a nutshell Project Hummingbird is a set of Grasshopper components that facilitate the creation of Revit native geometry. This process utilizes a simplied pseudo-language in Excel to describe all aspects of the Revit BIM geometry. Translating Rhino primative geometry to Revit has been vastly simplied without the need for linking or reference objects. This allows for the downstream Revit model to be modified and adapted for the project duration. This process is not only limited to grasshopper but could also include read/write methods for Robot structural analysis, Processing, Cinema 4d and many others.